Business Learning Community (Business First-Year Experience)
Business Learning Community
The Business Learning Community is a living-learning community for first year business students located in Prentice Hall.
To become a member of the Business Learning Community please visit the community website for more information. To participate in the Business Learning Community students must live in Prentice Hall or be a commuter; exceptions are made for Honors College students residing in Stopher or Johnson Hall.
When joining the Business Learning Community you will also join a cohort (a smaller group within the community) based upon your interests in business:
A Community of Entrepreneurs (ACE)
First year residence hall or commuter students interested in the field of entrepreneurship or business innovation.
Accelerated Bachelor of Business Administration (A-BBA)
First year residence hall or commuter students interested in graduating in three years or less.
Accounting Freshmen Interest Group (AFIG)
First year residence hall or commuter students interested in the field of accounting.
Aspiring Marketers (AIM)
First year residence hall or commuter students interested in the field of marketing and managerial marketing.
College of Business Colleagues (CBC)
First year residence hall or commuter students interested any major in the field of business.
International Business (IBUS)
First year residence hall or commuter students interested in international business and study abroad opportunities.
For more information on any of the communities please click here (http://business.kent.edu/future).
The Business Learning Community is designed to:
- ENCOURAGE your academic success through sharing courses, thoughts and ideas with other students who are interested in business.
- ACCELERATE your college experience through career advice and guidance.
- CONNECT you to the College of Business Administration faculty and staff.
- DEVELOP relationships with business professionals during your freshmen year.
- INSPIRE you to learn about the business world though lectures, tours of organizations, seminars and guest speakers.
- CREATE relationships with students who share your major through on campus housing opportunities (Commuters are welcomed, too).
Requirements for the admission to the BLC
In order to join the Business Learning Community students must be admitted to Kent State University and be majoring in business. For more information about the Business Learning Community click here. (http://business.kent.edu/future).
Need more information?
Coordinator Contact Information:
Academic Advisor II