College of Communication and Information Commons
College of Communication and Information Commons is a living learning community located in Olson Hall. CCI Commons is open to all students majoring in Communication Studies, Journalism and Mass Communication, Library and Information Science, and Visual Communication Design.
Some of the benefits of CCI are:
- Connections with other students who share your academic and professional interests
- Location close to your college advising office and classrooms
- Opportunities to meet with your academic advisors and professors in your hall
- Guest speakers and movie nights geared to your major
- Mentoring by upper division students in your major
- Programming planned by students, for students
- Computer lab and studio space available in your hall
- Program coordinator’s office conveniently located in the residence hall, so students can stop in with any questions and suggestions.
“It’s a good opportunity for doing group activities and for learning more about things in your major.”
“…a great way to meet people who share your interests and understand what you’re going through.”
“It’s easy to form friendships within your major and get good information about everything that’s going on.”
We have some select courses reserved only for CCI Commons members. Your academic advisor can place you in the Commons courses during your Destination Kent State advising appointment.
Requirements for admission:
In order to participate in the CCI Commons housed in Olson Hall, you must be admitted to the College of Communication and Information. For more information about the CCI commons please visit: http://www.kent.edu/CCI/CurrentStudents/CCI-Commons.cfm
How do I join?
You must be admitted to the College of Communication and Information to be eligible to join this community or receive special permission from the CCI Commons community coordinator. Assignments are made based on application date. Thus, the earlier you apply for your residence hall the more likely it is that you will receive a CCI Commons assignment.
Students who are interested in applying to participate in the CCI Commons need to follow these steps:
- Select Olson Hall and CCI Commons as your number one choice on your residence hall application, and alert the academic advisor during your Destination Kent State: Advising & Registration program that you would like to participate in the CCI Commons.
- If you have already completed and submitted your residence hall application and now want to make changes, you may re-enter your application by logging back into it through the residence hall application website.
- If you need further assistance, or have questions about how to join the CCI Commons please contact the Academic Program Director.
Director Contact Information:
Academic Program Director