Public Health Living Learning Community
The Public Health Living-Learning Community (PHLLC) is open to first-year and transfer students with less than 25 credit hours who are interested in the Public Health major. Through the learning community students have the opportunity to explore the dynamic and in demand field of public health. The program is geared to help students:
- Develop personal strategies for academic success
- Develop connections with faculty and staff
- Learn and grow as a public health professional
Students in the learning community are required to live in Koonce Hall, part of the Tri-Towers complex, and receive the following additional benefits:
- Room with or live in same building as other students studying public health
- Gain assistance with forming in-hall study groups for courses taken in common
- Learn about clubs, organizations, and other groups public health students commonly get involved in
- Experience targeted programs and activities geared to the unique needs of public health students
- Conveniently located near a 24-hour computer lab
- Conveniently located near Rosie's 24-hour dining and convenience store
Students who participate in the Public Health Living-Learning Community have the opportunity to enhance their classroom experience by enrolling in similar courses. Students enroll in two linked courses per semester. The remaining courses are chosen by the student to augment their personal interests. All classes required by the Public Health Living-Learning Community are required for graduation.
PH 10001, Introduction to Public Health
PH 10002, Introduction to Global Health
US 10097 Destination Kent State: First Year Experience
Kent Core Course TBD
How do I Join?
To join the Public Health Living-Learning Community (PHLLC), simply request to be placed in the community in the Living-Learning community section on your residence hall application and choose Koonce Hall as your number one building choice. The Department of Residence Services will try its best to accommodate all room requests. However, we cannot guarantee your request will be filled.
Coordinator Contact Information:
College of Public Health