Kent State University is currently contracted with ASI Campus Laundry. Each residence hall is equipped with high-efficiency 20 lb. capacity washing and drying machines. Each wash cycle costs $2.50 with no additional charge for drying.
There is no need to constantly make change for quarters, as the campus laundry machines are activated with the ASI Laundry Smart Card system. Similar to a laundry machine debit card, each incoming student will be issued an ASI Laundry Smart Card at check-in. To add value to their Smart Card, students have two options – add value with cash, or add value with a credit/debit card:
To Add Smart Card Value with Cash:
Students may place a desired cash value ($1, $5, $10, $20 increments) on their Smart Card by using the Value Transfer Machines (VTM). To add value using cash, please visit one of the Value Transfer Machines available at the following locations:
To Add Smart Card Value with Credit/Debit Card:
Students may also add value to their ASI Laundry Smart Card via an online credit/debit card payment. To add value with a credit/debit card students should:
STEP 1: BUY THE VALUE CODE
Stopher Hall = 382
STEP 2: ACTIVATE THE VALUE CODE
Washing Machine instructions
- The charge is $2.50 per load.
- Load clothes into the washing machine. Add soap, bleach, and fabric softener into the drawer at the front of the machine. NOTE: ONLY 1/4 CUP or less of liquid soap is needed.
- Close the door. Front load washers will lock once the machine starts and cannot reopen until wash cycle is complete.
- Insert your Smart Card (with the gold chip facing up). The balance will be visible.
- Select wash cycle and press the button. The new Smart Card balance will now appear and the machine will start. Remove your card when prompted to do so.
Dryer Machine instructions
- No additional charge is collected from your Smart Card for drying cycles.
- Select an available dryer and clean the lint screen.
- Place clothes loosely into the dryer and select the cycle.
- Press the start button.