- Named for Emmett C. Stopher, Registrar, 1927-1954.
- Originally constructed in 1949 and demolished during the summer of 2004. This new facility opened in Fall 2006.
- Houses approximately 180 Honors College students (first-year and upper division)
- Houses Honors Students
- Co-ed and has three floors
- Rooms are carpeted and air conditioned
- Building-wide wireless access coverage
- Features study and social lounges, fireplaces, common areas, laundry and kitchen facilities
- 2 classrooms on first floor
- Area Desk for Quad (Stopher, Johnson, Lake and Olson) is located on the first floor
Hall Mailing Address:
Stopher Hall - KSU
375 Janik Drive
Kent, OH 44243
GPS Address:375 Janik Drive
Kent, OH 44243
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Non-resident guests are permitted in the hall during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10AM - Midnight
- Weekend: 10AM Friday to 12AM Monday
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed in Stopher Hall at any time.
- Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings. Smoking may not occur within 20 feet of building entrances, windows, overhangs, loading docks, vents or other openings to a building, including residence halls.
Dining Close to Stopher Hall:
- Prentice Café
- Kent Student Center – HUB
- Kent Student Center – Kent Markets
- Kent Student Center – Lower Level
- Two-Person Semi-Suite with Private Bath: $4,428
- Three-Person Semi-Suite with Private Bath: $3,516