- Named for Judith E. Koonce and is the only hall named after a Kent State student. The building was dedicated in 1968.
- Houses approximately 510 first-year to upper-class students. Co-ed and has 10 floors.
- Air-conditioning. Attached dining area and computer cluster.
Hall Mailing Address:
Koonce Hall- KSU
1525 Leebrick Drive
Kent, OH 44243
GPS Address:325 Cunningham Drive
Kent, OH 44243
Microfridges and Semi-Loftable Furniture
Microfridge units are provided in the students rooms. The loftable furniture present in the rooms provides semi-loftable capabilities. Meaning, one of the beds can be lofted on top of the desk units, the beds can be bunked, or the beds can be arranged in a trundle configuration. To learn more about the loftable furniture and configuration options, please visit our ‘Loft Instructions’ page by clicking here.
Koonce Hall is comprised of double rooms. The closets and dressers are built in; however, the semi loftable beds and desks may be moved. All beds use extra long sheets.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Nonresident guests are permitted in the living corridors during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10AM - Midnight
- Weekend: 10AM Friday - 12AM Monday.
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed at any time.
Dining Close to Koonce Hall:
Koonce Hall is staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD), an Assistant Residence Hall Director (ARHD), and ten Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Koonce Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as with the whole campus.