Multi-Purpose Room Reservations
Please read the policies below before completing the form. If you are not already logged in using your Kent State User Name, you will be prompted to do so when the form opens.
Scheduling Events and Facilities
- Written, electronic or oral requests for facilities must be done on the form 2 business days in advance of the event.
- Cancellations must be given within 24 hours of the event. This can be done by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All keys for the room will be picked up at the corresponding area desk.
General Policies, Regulations, and Guidelines
- Residence Services facilities are reserved for the academic year (August – May)
A. Residence Services staff get first priority with room reservations
B. Academic classes can be scheduled in the space in the semester prior to the class taking place.
C. Registered Student Organizations and Department Offices can reserve spaces beginning one week prior to the beginning of classes each semester.
- You are permitted to bring your own food or beverages into Residence Services spaces. You are responsible for cleaning up when finished.
- Residence Services does not provide audio/visual equipment in any of our spaces, except for Stopher 153, 154 and Studio A.
- Facilities may not be used for any commercial purpose or for the financial benefit of any one individual.
- Any group or individual sponsoring an event in Residence Services facilities assumes all responsibility connected with the event. The Department of Residence Services and the University assumes no responsibility.
- Residence Services reserves the right to assign and/or reassign facilities to assure the most appropriate utilization of Residence Services facilities.
- All groups are advised that use of the following items are strictly prohibited in all Kent State University facilities: open flames (e.g., candles, lighters, torches, etc.), combustible vegetation (e.g., hay, straw, evergreen trees, etc.), pyrotechnic devices, smoke/fog/haze machines and dry ice. Groups with events that disregard this notification will be subject to immediate shutdown of their event by the University fire marshal and may be subject to loss of future scheduling privileges.
- Decorating/Posting: The use of glitter/confetti is strictly prohibited within the Residence Services facilities. In addition, no glue, tacks or nails may be put on the walls, windows, doors or building structures.
- All groups using Residence Services facilities are expected to adhere to all University policies, regulations and guidelines and all local, state and federal laws. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in the forfeiture of the privileges of utilizing Residence Services and University facilities.
- Smoking Policy: Under state law, smoking within any public building is prohibited within the State of Ohio. Under University policy, anyone wishing to smoke must be farther than 20 feet away from any University building.
- No suspended signs or banners are permitted.
- Bullhorns and portable public address systems are prohibited.
- Exits must NEVER be blocked.
- All residence hall spaces have wireless internet access. However, access does not ensure, nor guarantee connectivity/compatibility. If there is an issue with the technology, please call 330-672-HELP.
As a courtesy to those using the room after you:
- Place all tables and chairs back to the original spot.
- Be sure to clean up any food/drink that is in the space.
- Abide by the times that you have scheduled for the rooms.
- Try not to move chairs from another room. If this is necessary, it is important that all of the furniture be returned to the original location.
Any violations will be subject to a fee from the Department of Residence Services or the University.
Below is the list of locations available for reservation.
|Residence Hall||Room||Maximum Capacity||Corresponding Area Desk|
|Beall Hall||Studio A||125||Twin Towers|
|Centennial Court B||Conference Room 1||80||New Front|
*Clicking the links above to view the room to be reserved