S: Safety and Security
- Police, Fire, Medical Emergencies : 911
- Police Services Non-emergency : 330-672-2212
- Area Desks
- You can call your area desk at any time. You will always be able to speak with someone.
- Quad Desk (Lake, Olson, Stopher, Johnson), 330-672-3600
- New Front/Centennial Desk (Dunbar, Prentice, Verder, Engleman, Centennial Courts), 330-672-3610
- Twin Towers Desk (Beall, McDowell, Fletcher, Manchester, Allyn, Clark, Van Campen), 330-672-3915
- Tri Towers Desk (Wright, Koonce, Lebrick, Korb), 330-672-3244
- University Health and Medical Services : 330-672-2322
- University Health Services is a full-service primary care medical facility offering appointments for treatment of chronic medical conditions and acute, short-term medical problems. Appointments are recommended, but we do have the ability to accommodate patients the same-day for an illness/injury.
- Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) : http://www.kent.edu/sart/meet-the-sart.cfm
- Kent State University's Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) is a comprehensive, collaborative, and victim-centered response to sexual assault which includes prevention, education, and response/recovery components. The responsibility of the SART is to educate the university community about sexual assault, to provide anti-violence programming and support services, and to encourage all community members to speak out when witnessing violence.
- Psychological Services : 330-672-2487
- Students contact Psychological Services for a variety of reasons, but typical concerns include: academic difficulties, stress, anxiety, depression, questions regarding sexuality, feelings of loneliness, lack of self confidence, interpersonal difficulties, and eating disorders.
- Student Health Promotion : 330-672-2320
- The Office of Health Promotion is dedicated to advancing the practice of health education and promotion in an effort to establish a higher level of commitment to personal health and community wellness on campus.
- Psychological Clinic(Between 5 p.m. and 8 a.m., call University Police) : 330-672-2372
- The Psychological Clinic is the training site for graduate students in the Ph.D. program in clinical psychology in the Department of Psychology at Kent State University. Services are provided by master's and doctoral students under the close supervision of clinical faculty members who are licensed psychologists.
- Counseling and Human Development Center : 330-672-2208
- The Kent State University Counseling and Human Development Center provides personal counseling and human development services to members of the Kent State University community (KSU students, faculty, staff, and family members). Services provided include individual, couple, family, child, and group counseling for developmentally-related concerns. Counseling sessions are FREE to the KSU community. Services are provided by masters' and doctoral level graduate students preparing for professional licensure as clinical counselors.
- The Women's Center : 330-672-9230
- Kent State University's Women Center exists to facilitate the advancement of and to enhance the quality of educational experience and professional life for women students, faculty and staff of all campuses. The Women's Center serves as a resource for advocacy by providing education, information and referral program and services. The Center is dedicated to promoting dialogue and interaction with all campus constituencies concerned with the pursuit of equity and equality.
- Townhall II : 330-947-1756
- Townhall II promotes the health, wellness, and recovery of individuals and communities through prevention, education, advocacy, intervention, and treatment.
- Residence Services' Security Escort Program, 330-672-7004
- Kent Campus Safety, Security, and Fire Safety Bulletin - http://www.kent.edu/publicsafety/safetybulletin.cfm
- Security Aides - http://www.kent.edu/housing/departmentalinformation/safetysecurity/security.cfm
- Parking Services - Motorist Assistance : 330-672-4444 http://www.kent.edu/parking/
- After-Hours Stadium Shuttles : 330-672-2877 http://www.partaonline.org/pdfs/Late_Night_Shuttle.pdf
- Student Ombuds : 330-672-9494 http://www.kent.edu/emsa/Ombuds.cfm
- Office of Student Conduct : 330-672-4054 http://www.kent.edu/emsa/studentconduct/index.cfm
- Safety and Security Office : 330-672-7010 http://www.kent.edu/housing/departmentalinformation/safetysecurity/security.cfm
Emergency 9-1-1 is accessible from any phone on campus, on some of the phones it is a single push button function. 9-1-1 calls from campus are answered by our communications section who send police, fire or ambulance services. Just like most city 9-1-1 systems, a computer displays the caller's location if they cannot communicate with the operator.
When a cell phone dials 9-1-1, the local cell phone identifies your location and connects you with the appropriate police department.
There are over 30 "blue light phones" around campus in parking lots and along sidewalks. In addition to 9-1-1 there is a list of useful numbers posted at each of these phones. They can also dial any number on campus.
For the campus map of Blue Lights, click here.