RA - Things to Prepare
THINGS TO PREPARE BEFORE ACCESSING THE ONLINE RA APPLICATION
BEFORE you log in to the Online RA Application, ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS SHOULD BE PREPARED AND READY TO UPLOAD TO OR ENTER INTO THE APPROPRIATE PLACES ON THE ONLINE RA APPLICATION.
DO NOT BEGIN THE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE PREPARED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. A COVER LETTER/RESUME: The cover letter/resume should be one document that will explain the reasons for your interest in becoming a Resident Assistant and then briefly relate your own skills and experiences to the “Roles and Responsibilities of a Resident Assistant”. This document should also outline your current education background, work experience and leadership experience (.pdf /.docx format ONLY)
2. ESSAY QUESTIONS: You will be required to respond to (2) two essay questions and your responses will be used in determining your eligibility to move forward in the process. We recommend that you use a word document to answer the questions and then copy and paste your responses from the word document into the required PDF document that must be uploaded to your application.
3. Dates and locations where you lived in on-campus housing either at Kent State University or at another college or university.
a. Minimum on-campus residency of 1 academic semester at Kent State University (may include the current semester); OR
b. Minimum on-campus residency of 1 academic semester or quarter at another college or university
4. The names and e-mail addresses for each of the three (3) individuals who you have asked to complete an online reference for you. E-mails are automatically generated through the application so it is important that you verify that the e-mail addresses you enter are correct. One of your references must meet the following requirements:.
a. Applicants who currently reside ON campus must include a reference from their current Residence Hall Director (RHD) or Assistant Residence Hall Director (ARHD).
b. Applicants who currently reside OFF campus must include a reference from the Residence Hall Director (RHD) or Assistant Residence Hall Director (ARHD) of the building in which they were located during their on-campus residency.
c. Family members/relatives MAY NOT complete the reference form for any applicant.
5. PRIOR to completing the Online RA Application, please contact the individuals you wish to complete a reference form for you to:
a. Verify that each person is willing and able to complete a positive reference for you;
b. Obtain and verify the correct e-mail address for each person;
c. Make each person aware that they will receive a link to complete the online reference form as soon as you submit the application; and
d. Notify each person that the link to the online form will EXPIRE at the application deadline so it must be completed prior to that time.
e. They must use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to access the online reference form and complete.
AFTER you have all of these materials together, you are ready to access the online application. The application cannot be completed in Internet Explorer and should be completed using Google Chrome of Mozilla Firefox. You can access the online RA application at this web address: www.kent.edu/housing/ra
The application deadline is Friday, Nov. 21, 2014 at 11:59pm. All application materials must be received by this date. In review this includes:
- The completed online application
- Cover Letter/Resume
- Essay Question Responses
- Three (3) references who meet the stated requirements above.
It is YOUR responsibility to verify ALL references are completed by the application deadline. You must submit your application for your references to receive the online reference form!
You can access the online RA application at this web address: www.kent.edu/housing/ra
- All correspondence sent to you throughout the RA Recruitment & Selection Process will be through your Kent State University e-mail. Please check it frequently for important updates.
- Applications which are not submitted by the stated deadline will be cancelled. Applicants will be notified of their status via e-mail.
- Fall grade checks will be completed during winter break for all applicants with COMPLETE applications as of the stated deadline. If an individual’s grades do not meet stated requirements, the application will be cancelled and the applicant will be notified of this status.
- All applicants who meet all stated grade and other eligibility requirements will receive information needed to register for a section of the Leadership for Dynamic Communities (LDC) workshop via email. Candidates are required to register for and complete this 5 week workshop to move forward in the RA Recruitment & Selection Process.
- Applicants must register for a section of the LDC Workshop per directions given via your KSU e-mail.