RA - Things to Prepare
THINGS TO PREPARE BEFORE ACCESSING THE ONLINE RA APPLICATION
BEFORE you log in to the Online RA Application, ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS SHOULD BE PREPARED AND READY TO UPLOAD TO OR ENTER INTO THE APPROPRIATE PLACES ON THE ONLINE RA APPLICATION.
DO NOT BEGIN THE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE PREPARED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A COVER LETTER: This cover letter will explain the reasons for your interest in becoming a Resident Assistant and then briefly relate your own skills and experiences to the “Roles and Responsibilities of a Resident Assistant” (submit in .pdf or .doc or .docx format ONLY)
- A professional RÉSUMÉ which outlines your current educational background, work experience, and leadership experience (submit in .pdf or .doc or .docx format ONLY).
- Dates and locations where you lived in on-campus housing either at Kent State University or at another college or university.
- Minimum on-campus residency of 1 academic semester at Kent State University (may include the current semester); OR
- Minimum on-campus residency of 1 academic semester or quarter at another college or university
- Applicants who currently reside ON campus must include a reference from at least one full-time KSU faculty or staff member AND at least one reference from a Residence Services employee.
- Applicants who currently reside OFF campus must include references from at least TWO full-time KSU faculty or staff members.
Family members and relatives MAY NOT complete the reference form for any applicant.
- PRIOR to completing the Online RA Application, please contact the individuals you wish to complete a reference form for you to:
- Verify that each person is willing and able to complete a reference for you;
- Obtain and verify the correct e-mail address for each person;
- Make each person aware that they will receive a link to complete the online reference form as soon as you submit the application; and
- Notify each person that the link to the online form will EXPIRE at the application deadline so it must be completed prior to that time.
Once you have all of these materials together, you are ready to access the online application.
The application deadline is the Friday prior to finals at 11:30 p.m. All application materials must be received by this date. In review this includes:
- The completed online application
- Cover Letter
- Professional resume
- Three references who meet the stated requirements
It is YOUR responsibility to verify ALL references are completed by the application deadline.
You can access the online RA application at this web address: www.kent.edu/housing/ra
- All correspondence sent to you throughout the RA Recruitment & Selection Process will be through your Kent State University e-mail. Please check it frequently for important updates.
- Applications which are not submitted by the stated deadline will be cancelled. Applicants will be notified of their status via e-mail.
- Fall grade checks will be completed during winter break for all applicants with COMPLETE applications as of the stated deadline. If an individual’s grades do not meet stated requirements, the application will be cancelled and the applicant will be notified of this status.
- All applicants who meet all stated grade and other eligibility requirements, and successfully complete Group Process, will receive information needed to register for a spring section of the Leadership in Student Affairs (L.I.S.A.) workshop via email. Candidates are required to register for and complete this 7-week workshop to move forward in the RA Recruitment & Selection Process.
- Applicants must register for a section of the L.I.S.A. workshop per directions given via your KSU e-mail.