RA - Things to Prepare
THINGS TO PREPARE BEFORE ACCESSING THE ONLINE RA APPLICATION
BEFORE you log in to the Online RA Application, ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS SHOULD BE PREPARED AND READY TO UPLOAD TO OR ENTER INTO THE APPROPRIATE PLACES ON THE ONLINE RA APPLICATION.
DO NOT BEGIN THE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE PREPARED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A COVER LETTER/RESUME: The cover letter/resume should be one document that will explain the reasons for your interest in becoming a Resident Assistant and then briefly relate your own skills and experiences to the “Roles and Responsibilities of a Resident Assistant”. This document should also outline your current education background, work experience and leadership experience (.pdf / .doc / .docx format ONLY)
- ESSAY QUESTIONS: You will be required to respond to (2) two essay questions and your responses will be used in determining your eligibility to move forward in the process. We recommend that you use a word document to answer the questions and then copy and paste your responses from the word document into your application.
- Dates and locations where you lived in on-campus housing either at Kent State University or at another college or university.
- Minimum on-campus residency of 1 academic semester at Kent State University (may include the current semester); OR
- Minimum on-campus residency of 1 academic semester or quarter at another college or university
- Identify two (2) individuals to serve as a positive reference and meet the eligibility requirements. Provide them link to complete an online reference form by the deadline.
- Family members/relatives MAY NOT complete the reference form for any applicant.
- PRIOR to completing the Online RA Application, please contact the individuals you wish to complete a reference form for you to:
- Verify that each person is willing and able to complete a positive reference for you;
- Obtain and verify the correct e-mail address for each person;
- Make each person is aware that you will send a link to complete the online reference form as soon as you begin your application; and
- Notify them reference form must be completed by Monday, February 1, 2016 at 8:00am for your application to be considered.
The application deadline is Monday, January 25, 2016 at 8:00am. All application materials must be received by this date. In review this includes:
- The completed online application
- Cover Letter/Resume
- Essay Question Responses
- Two (2) references who meet the stated requirements.