Van Campen Housing
- Named for Marion Van Campen, Professor Emeritus of Education, 1938-1961.
- Building was recently renovated and will reopen effective with the start of the fall 2009 semester.
- Houses approximately 56 students on three floors.
- Rooms are carpeted and building is air-conditioned.
- Bunkable furniture and microfridge.
- Area desk for Van Campen is located at Twin Towers (Beall-McDowell).
Hall Mailing Address:
Van Campen Hall - KSU
575 Senhauser Drive
Kent, OH 44243
625 Loop Road
Kent, OH 44243
Van Campen Hall is comprised of two person doubles, three person quads and four person quads. Each room is carpeted and comes with bunkable furniture and a microfridge. All beds use extra long sheets.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Nonresident guests are permitted in the living corridors during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m.- Midnight
- Weekend: 10 a.m. Friday - Midnight Monday.
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed in Van Campen Hall at any time.
- Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings. Smoking may not occur within 20 feet of building entrances, windows, overhangs, loading docks, vents or other openings to a building, including residence halls.
Dining Close to Van Campen Hall:
Van Campen is staffed by two Resident Assistants (RAs) who are supervised by the Beall/McDowell Residence Hall Director (RHD). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Van Campen Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as the whole campus.
Three-Person Quad: $3,160
Four-Person Quad: $2,972