Overview of Medical Plans
Please see the revised Medical Plans Comparison Chart listed below; it reflects recent changes in the Ohio Mental Health Parity law.
- Medical plans are available to all full-time faculty and staff, and may be purchased by part-time employees as well.
- The effective date of coverage is the first full date of your employment.
- No pre-existing condition exclusion on any of our medical plans.
- Family coverage is extended to spouse and dependent children up to age 26.
- Adult dependent children (biological, stepchild or adopted) between the age of 26-28 (Ohio H.B.1) who meet the following criteria: 1) single 2) Ohio resident OR full-time college student 3) has no other health benefits available to them such as other employer health benefits, Medicare or Medicaid.
- Vision care is included in all of our medical plans.
- Annual open enrollment window periods each plan year.
- Two major medical carriers:
- There are three Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) medical plans to choose from:
Opting Out of Group Medical Coverage
Opting out of medical coverage is an option for our employees. Employees who opt-out of these benefits are eligible for the opt-out incentive, which is $100 per month for each full month you are not enrolled in the group plans ($50 per pay). This option is for employees who have other group coverage available and who complete an opt-out affidavit and provides proof of other coverage. The Opt-out incentive applies to medical, prescription drug, vision AND dental benefits.
There are two opportunities in which you can enroll in the opt-out program: 1) a change in Life Events or 2) during the annual open enrollment.
Click Opt-Out Affidavit to access this form.
For more information, contact the Benefits department at 330-672-3107.