Performance Evaluation - Unclassified
The performance evaluation process is a collaborative effort between employees and managers. It is not the policy or the form that makes the evaluation successful, it is the actual performance conversation that a manager has with the individual that is most important.
The goals of the performance evaluation process are to:
- Align employee performance with the goals and mission of both the unit and the university;
- Enable two-way communication regarding job performance and periodic assessment of goals and opportunities for the unit and the individual;
- Establish a mutually-understood set of performance expectations;
- Recognize contributions of employees;
- Discuss opportunities for growth and development, and;
- Provide necessary feedback when performance does not meet expectations.
Timeline 2013: The period of April 8 through June 12 has been designated as the time to conduct performance evaluations for unclassified employees. Administrative policy states that all unclassified employees will receive a performance evaluation at least once annually. Managers have the option to use the performance evaluations available through viDesktop or the HR Forms Library.
- If you are a manager and want to complete a performance evaluation, select the "Information for Evaluators" quick link on the left hand side of the page.
- If you are an employee and want to complete your self-evaluation or sign your completed evaluation, select the "Information for Evaluatees" quick link on the left hand side of the page.