Are you considering one of the degree programs in the School of Library and Information Science at Kent State University? Congratulations! You're on the right track to a challenging and fulfilling career! The education and skills you acquire while earning your degree here will prepare you for success in a number of potential career paths.
Information professionals are in demand in every sector of our society — from local schools and public libraries to government offices and major corporations. As we are inundated with information every day, someone needs to know how to root out what's relevant, important and accurate — and how to organize and present it in a way that makes sense.
That's where YOU come in.
The School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) at Kent State University has been creating leaders in the profession for more than 60 years. Our graduates are qualified to fill every conceivable role on the information spectrum — as library directors, knowledge managers, information architects, children's librarians, competitive research strategists, law librarians, health informatics experts, digital preservationists, usability analysts, museum collection specialists, network consultants and more — and even some roles that haven't been created yet.
Here are a few tips on how to use this website to find everything you need to make this all-important decision. If you have questions at any time, contact the School's main office at 330-672-2782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select the discipline that interests you:
- Under each of those links you'll find information on the available degree options, curriculum for each degree and how to apply, as well as potential career paths.
- You'll also find FAQs and information on tuition and how you might finance your education (including applying for scholarships offered by the School and numerous professional organizations).
- Also be sure to check out the faculty profiles to learn about the some of the world's leading scholars in the information profession who are committed to your success.
- Under the Research section, you can read about some of the Faculty Publications and Presentations, as well as what kinds of research our students are doing.
- And, of course, you'll find all the latest news and event updates, along with everything else you could possibly want to know about the School, right here on this site.
Remember ... students graduating from college today will change careers —not just jobs — numerous times over the course of their working lives.
Get a degree that prepares you for the future, whatever it brings.