Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).


Special Instructions and Information for ALL International Student Employees:

  • If you are a J-1 Student you must get approval from an ISSS advisor before you begin working. If you are on a J-2 visa, you must apply for an EAD card in order to work.

Work Hour Limits:

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has limited part-time employment for international students to no more than 20 hours per week during the semester, or when a student is taking classes during the summer term.  Allowing an international student to work more than 20 hours per week could have serious implications for the student and the University. International students may work more than 20 hours a week on campus when classes are not in session (winter and spring break and summer if the student is not registered for classes). International students may incur overtime and should be compensated at time and one-half per hour worked.

NOTE: On-campus employers may interview and offer employment to international students without a Social Security number, but MAY NOT allow the student to begin work before they have completed the required employment eligibility forms through the Career Services Center.

The website that Kent State University uses to allow students to search for jobs on campus is called CampusWorks. CampusWorks is where students log can log on and establish their eligibility to work on campus and accept job offers! Visit Career Services website for more information: