- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Scholarship Guidelines for Current Students
JMC Scholarships - General
- All JMC scholarships are awarded on an annual basis and are typically announced in the spring semester They will be dispersed to the students for the following academic year (August-May).
- All scholarships, unless otherwise specified in the appropriate Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU), are awarded based on a minimum 2.75 overall GPA, financial need, professional promise (show evidence in samples of your work) and academic accomplishments.
- All scholarships are funded in full prior to the fall semester, except for the Wallace J. Hagedorn and Promising Scholar scholarships, which are funded half before the fall semester and half prior to the spring semester.
- The recipients of the Wallace J. Hagedorn and Promising Scholar scholarships are reviewed at the beginning of each semester to confirm JMC major status. In the event the student is no longer a JMC major, all remaining funds may be cancelled.
- In the event a Promising Scholar recipient does not meet the minimum GPA (3.5 in the major; 3.0 cumulative) after the fall or spring semester, the student will meet with the Director of the School to review progress with the expectation that the recipient will reach the minimum GPA requirements by the end of the subsequent semester.
- In the event a Wallace J. Hagedorn recipient does not meet the minimum GPA (3.0 cumulative) after the fall or spring semester, the student will meet with the Director of the School to review progress with the expectation that the recipient will reach the minimum GPA requirements by the end of the subsequent semester. A requirement for renewal of the scholarship for the next academic year requires the student to have maintained a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA for the previous academic year.
Wallace J. Hagedorn Tuition Scholarship
Eight tuition scholarships for two incoming freshmen (as Promising Scholar recipients), two sophomores, two juniors, two seniors. These scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years providing each recipient continues to meet the qualifications and has not graduated from the program. An additional year extension request will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Director of the School and/or the Dean of the College.
The Wallace J. Hagedorn Scholarships are based on academic merit (minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and review of online portfolio) and financial need (review of FAFSA).
Current JMC students studying photojournalism must submit a URL to an online portfolio. Entry galleries must include up to 12 single images, including captions, and a photo story or essay demonstrating strong visual journalism. This is a requirement for all renewals, including Hagedorn Promising Scholars.
There will be a review each semester to confirm major status. All Hagedorn recipients must maintain JMC major status in journalism (with a photojournalism focus—based on, for example, courses and participation in FocalPoint, the student photojournalism organization). If a recipient changes their major, any remaining award will be cancelled.
There will be a review each year of each recipient’s cumulative GPA. All Wallace J. Hagedorn recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to continue eligibility for this scholarship.
Wallace J. Hagedorn Student Experience Scholarship
To receive a Wallace J. Hagedorn Student Experience scholarship, a student must be in good academic standing in JMC to qualify.
Photojournalism minors are eligible for this scholarship.