- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Under Armour Surprises Kent State Players with New Shoes, Gear Prior to First Round Game
The players thought they were just coming to a typical morning meal. Turns out, it was a lot more like Christmas morning.
Under Armour, the official athletics apparel partner of Kent State University Athletics, surprised the men’s basketball team Thursday with new shoes, shirts, and other items, including backpacks styled for Golden State Warrior and NBA Most Valuable Player Steph Curry.
While coaches knew what was planned for breakfast, the players had no idea. Most were all smiles trying on the gear and filling up their backpacks.
Most took their backpacks with them as they left the team hotel to head to the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California. Team members and coaches will be available to the media Thursday evening followed by 45 minutes of time on the court for a final practice.
The #14 Seed Golden Flashes meet #3 Seed UCLA Friday in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament. The appearance marks Kent State’s first since 2008 and sixth appearance overall.
Photo caption #1: Players Kevin Zabo, Jimmy Hall and Leo Edwards react to receiving shoes, shirts and other items from Under Armour.
Photo caption #2: Players Mitch Peterson, Jon Flemming, Danny Pippen and Rosel Hurley react to receiving shoes, shirts and other items from Under Armour.