The mission of University Libraries Business Services is to facilitate the optimal use of financial resources in support of the Kent State University mission by creating, analyzing and disseminating information and efficiently processing financial transactions in accordance with University policies & procedures.
Business Services works with the Libraries’ units in guiding the annual budgetary process, assessing ongoing budget and planning issues, and establishing and monitoring controls over fund allocations. It provides decision support through cost benefit analysis, data reporting and revenue and expenditure forecasting.
- Direct the development process of the University Libraries’ operating budget
- Monitor and evaluate budgetary performance and resource allocation
- Provide accurate and timely management reports and budget analysis
- Function as a liaison with the Universities’ Business and Finance Division
- Manage the payment process for the acquisition of library materials
- Manage the collection of library fines and fees and assignment of research carrels
- Integrity – disseminate consistent, accurate, complete and unbiased information
- Customer Service – provide exemplary customer service to our patrons, students, faculty and staff
- Quality Improvement – Consistently look at ways to be more efficient and to “do more with less”
- Competence – process transactions in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with University policies and procedures