SMS facilities at a glance
Computers and peripherals
- 8 PC workstations with scanners, CD/DVD burners, memory card readers and microphones
- 2 iMac workstations with scanners and CD/DVD burners
- 2 PC and 1 Mac video editing system in reservable editing rooms
- 1 PC workstation with mini-DV/VHS decks for digitizing video and audio
- 1 ASL (American Sign Language) recording station
- External Blu-ray DVD burner for burning HD video projects
- Audio cassette deck and turntable for digitizing analog audio
- A large-format document capture station (uses a digital camera to take photos of documents too large for scanning)
- The newest addition to the studio: a 3D printer! Visit our 3D Printing Libguide for details
Looking to check out a video camera? Digital camcorders and tripods are managed by Circulation Services and are available at the Circulation Desk. See their camcorder information page for details. (Please note that cameras are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.)
Printing from the SMS computers is available for the general multimedia stations only to the print stations in the Reference Center.
- Color laser printing is available from computers in the Reference Center, Express Multimedia Workstations, Group Instruction Lab, or the university computer lab on the first floor of the library.
- Cost: 14 cents per 8 1/2" x 11" sheet
- Black & white laser printing is available from computers in the Reference Center, Express Multimedia Workstations, and Group Instruction Lab.
- Cost: 7 cents per 8 1/2" x 11" sheet
- Both printers are located beside the Reference Desk
- The university computer lab prints to a black and white printer in the lab
- The SMS now offers 3D printing to KSU students for free! Visit our 3D Printing Libguide for details
To print from your PC laptop, you will need to download and install print software for each printer that you use in the Reference Center. Once the software is installed, each printer becomes an option when you go to print.
To print from your PC laptop in the Reference Center, download and install either of the following print drivers:
- Reference Center B&W
- Reference Center Color
These drivers can only be downloaded from a WPA connected laptop or VPN connection from off campus. Standard NetPrint Rates apply to wireless printing.
SMS facilities in detail
For more information about the facilities and software available at the Student Multimedia Studio visit our Libguides page.