|Location||Main Library Room 812
|Hours||By appointment only - make an appointment now
|Cost||Free to all current Kent State faculty, staff, and students
Before services can be rendered, all clients seeking one-on-one consulting must sign a disclaimer reminding them about the extent of our services:
|Statistical and Qualitative Software Instruction and Consulting Services (SQSICS) provides training and consulting on the use of statistical and qualitative software. Researchers are responsible for their own methodology, data analysis, and data manipulation. Any guidance on methodology, data analysis, or data manipulation is only advice and does not supplant researcher judgment.|
Copies of the disclaimer form are kept on-hand in the Consulting Lab, and can be completed when you arrive at your first meeting. We will retain the hard copy for our records, and forward a scanned PDF version of the signed form to the client.
- How to use SPSS, SAS, JMP, NVivo, Qualtrics, and R,
- How to set up, enter, and clean your data files in your software package of choice,
- How to select the software package that's best for your study, or
- How to approach methodology, choice of statistical analysis, or interpretation of statistical results.
- Software installation or renewal of software licenses
- Statistics tutoring or help with homework
- Data collection and data entry
- Data analysis