Welcome to the Hugh A. Glauser School of Music website!
The School of Music is a vibrant destination of choice for a Life in the Arts. We strive to be the best at integrating, teaching, advising, researching, and practicing our craft so that our students find their voice in the world. At the Hugh A. Glauser School of Music, we provide a nourishing yet challenging environment for student success. We offer performing opportunities in a wide range of ensembles including orchestra, choirs, bands, jazz bands, chamber groups, new music ensemble, and world music ensembles.
- Designated as an all-Steinway school
- Fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music
- Summer Kent Blossom Music Festival held in partnership with The Cleveland Orchestra
- Programs of study at the doctoral, master’s, and baccalaureate levels, as well as minors and non-major courses
- Highly dedicated faculty and staff, with internationally acclaimed creative artists and scholars
- Performing Arts Library located in the same building, holding thousands of music scores, books, media items, and other resources, as well as two computer labs, group rooms, and high-end technologies
To learn more about the School of Music, I invite you to view other sections of the website and follow any links that are of interest. We love to answer questions about our programs, so don’t hesitate to ask! We encourage campus visits to sit in on rehearsals, lectures, and recitals, as well as to meet with us. At the Hugh A. Glauser School of Music we transform lives through music.
Thank you for your interest in the School of Music; please join us!
Ralph Lorenz, Ph.D.