Individuals selected to participate in this three-week Institute will receive a stipend of $2,700. Stipends are intended to help cover travel expenses to and from the project location, books and other research expenses, and living expenses for the three weeks spent in residence.
- No supplements will be given in cases where the stipend is insufficient to cover all expenses;
- Stipends are taxable. The first check, for half of the stipend, will be available on the first day of the seminar. The second check, for the remaining amount, will come halfway through the project.
- Institute participants are required to attend all meetings and to engage fully as professionals in the work of the project.
- During the project's tenure, they may not undertake teaching assignments or any other professional activities unrelated to their participation in the project.
- Participants who, for any reason, do not complete the full tenure of the project must refund a pro-rata portion of the stipend.