- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
First Football Game of 2014 Season Kicks Off Saturday
The Kent State University football team opens its 2014 season Saturday, Aug. 30, hosting Mid-American Conference East Division rival Ohio University at 6 p.m. inside Dix Stadium. The Kent State Golden Flashes won their final two games of the 2013 season, while the Bobcats earned a spot in the Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl.
Throughout the season, the Kent State football players will have the number 54 on one side of their helmets to honor Jason Bitsko, following their teammate’s unexpected death last week.
The game will be followed by the largest fireworks display in the history of Portage County presented by AMETEK.
The tailgating contest begins at 4 p.m. with prizes for the best burger, but tailgating is open all day. Parking is free before 3 p.m. After 3 p.m., there will be a charge for parking. Happy hour inside the stadium runs from 4:30-5:30 p.m., with dollar drinks and hot dogs.
The Family Fun Zone will feature an inflatable obstacle course, a climbing rock wall, games, face painting and photo opportunities of kids wearing Kent State football equipment from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Just prior to kickoff, the Kent State Aviation Flight Team will perform a flyover, and parachuters will present the game ball at midfield.
Kent State President Beverly Warren will conduct the coin toss. Between the first and second quarter, the Mid-American Conference will present Kent State with the Jacoby Award for excellence in women’s athletics.
For more information about Kent State Athletics, visit www.kentstatesports.com.