- Current & Future Students
Sigma Theta Tau began at Kent State University in 1985 as the School of Nursing Honors Organization, with the formation of a constitution and admission requirements modeled after those established by Sigma Theta Tau. The Nursing Honors Organization was accepted as a Sigma Theta Tau Chapter in November, 1979. The first members were inducted into the new Delta Xi Chapter in the spring of 1980. Delta Xi now has more than 1800 active members.
Throughout our history, Delta Xi Chapter has been recognized as a leader in nursing scholarship, winning regional and international awards.
- 1990: Regional Media Award for Excellence in Nursing Journalism
- Rosemarie Hogan and Antonio Scacco-Neumann: Regional Coordinators
- Linda Thede: Regional Newsletter Chair
- 1983: The Ethel Palmer Clarke Founders Award for Chapter Excellence
- 1995: Chapter Student Leadership Intern Program
- Chris Brugler: Editor of Envision Your Future: A Sigma Theta Tau International publication for new members
- Linda Everett: Sigma Theta Tau International Treasurer