Marcy Caplin, MSN, RN, CNE
I have been teaching at Kent State College of Nursing since 2001, predominantly in the online RN-to-BSN concentration and MSN Nurse Educator concentration. I have a special interest in online education and the use of creative use of online technologies. Other online areas of interest include creating community of practice and maximizing group work potential.
I am currently in the dissertation phase of my Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction at Kent State University College of Education, Health and Human Services. The focus of my dissertation is professional identity development in ADN nurses as they return to school for their BSN.
- NURS 60602 - Roles & Evaluation for Nursing Education Curricula
- NURS 60604 - Clinical Nursing & Education Issues in a Specialty Ara
- NURS 60605 - Nursing Education with Technology
- Caplin, M. (2016, April 22). The Power of the BSN: Impact on Professional Identity. Podium presentation. 22nd Annual Nursing Research Day, University Hospitals Portage Medical Center, Ravenna, Ohio.
- Caplin, M., Ancona, A., & Saunders, T. (2015, October 23). The power of the portfolio: Using portfolios to enhance student learning. Roundtable Discussion, The 22st Annual Conference Celebrating Teaching, University Teaching Council, Kent State University, Kent, OH.
- Caplin, M. (2015, March 13). Digital Learning Day: Interview. My Nursing Community, Pearson Publishing.