Sue L. Hritz, M.Ed., RN, LPC, PHN, CHT
I am a Public Health RN and professional counselor with 20+ years of experience in field of nursing and counseling and nearly 10 years in academia. I worked in OB/GYN/Nursery/NICU/Med-Surgical units, and as a Discharge Planner in a CA hospital, but for 15 years worked in the home care field as a case manager in a variety of teams and as a team leader. I have always had interests in mental/behavioral health and natural ways to promote health and wellness overall.
My journey with integrative health practices began with my first class at SFSU in holistic nursing where I was introduced to various world complementary health practices. I developed a course in 2009 that has enabled me to share my expertise and knowledge of over 30 years of practicing Complementary Integrative Health Practices with students.
- NURS 40020 - Community Health Nursing
- NURS 40005 - Professional Nursing Issues
- NURS 35040 - Complementary and Integrative Health
- M.Ed., Malone University, 2005
- BSN with Public Health Certificate, SF State University
- A.S, Behavioral Health Science
- Letter of Recognition (11/9/12) from Dr. Stephane Booth, Associate Provost, Quality Initiatives and Curriculum, on the Survey of Alumni Class of 2011: Student acknowledgement of my positive impact on their KSU holistic nursing experience.
- Certificate of Excellence for Outstanding Patient Care, Summa Home Care, Akron, OH - four awards: 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998.
- Certificate of Recognition as Sonoma Valley Schools Exemplar, Sonoma, CA: 1993 Co-Director of Environmental Education Program at Prestwood Elementary School that consisted of design of three outdoor classrooms, student garden areas, greenhouse, and an es