Apply to the Accelerated Nursing Sequence
The Accelerated Nursing Sequence for second-degree students at Kent State is a rigorous academic program that requires demonstration of critical thinking, strong written and oral communication skills, and the time, support, and resources to commit to an intensive four-term sequence.
Those applying for admission will be required to meet all admissions criteria for the four-year baccalaureate nursing program and, in addition, must demonstrate critical thinking and communication skills.
All application materials including transcripts and recommendations must be received by the application deadline (June 1 for the Fall cohort, September 1 for the Spring cohort, and February 1 for the Summer cohort) for consideration. Late materials will NOT be accepted.
Students are selected to the Accelerated Nursing Sequence based upon their cumulative GPA, science prerequisite GPA, recommendations, and related coursework.
- Acceptance into Kent State University as a post-undergraduate degree-seeking student
- A baccalaureate degree (non-nursing)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Minimum of a college-level algebra course with a minimum grade of C.
- A minimum science prerequisite GPA of 2.75, and a minimum of a grade of C in each course
- BSCI 21010 & 21020: Anatomy & Physiology I and Anatomy & Physiology II
- BSCI 20021: Microbiology
- CHEM 10055: Molecules of Life
- (Or CHEM 10050: Fundamentals of Chemistry or CHEM 10060: General Chemistry I)
Apply to Kent State University as a post-undergraduate student with a concentration in Nursing.
Note to International Applicants: All International transcripts must be officially evaluated by Kent State University’s Office of Global Education before the application deadline. For questions regarding your official transcript evaluation status, please contact the Office of Global Education at 330-672-7980. It is recommended for students with International transcripts to apply to Kent State University 6-8 weeks before the Accelerated Nursing application deadline.
Once you have been admitted to the university, apply to the College of Nursing by completing the Accelerated Nursing application. This application is only open for two months, three times a year, during these times:
- Fall Semester: April 1- June 1
- Spring Semester: July 1- Sept. 1
- Summer Semester: Dec. 1- Feb. 1