Accelerated BSN Cohorts
The College of Nursing has created three Accelerated Nursing Cohort options to meet the needs of a wide range of students. Each cohort option is distinct with different start dates and durations. Applicants should read the following information carefully as some of this information has recently changed.
- The Daytime Cohort is a four (4) semester sequence.
- This cohort will have traditional classroom hours (generally 8:00am to 5:00pm). Clinical hours are generally 7:00am to 7:30pm. Class and clinical will be Monday through Friday, but clinical may occur on Saturday or Sunday.
- Clinical rotations will occur at any number of facilities in Northeastern Ohio, especially those facilities concentrated in Summit (Akron) and Cuyahoga (Cleveland) counties. Students may also have clinical in Mahoning (Youngstown), Stark (Alliance), Trumbull (Warren), or Portage (Ravenna) counties.
- The Daytime Cohort accepts applicants for the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms.
- Kent State College of Nursing will be offering a new streamlined Accelerated BSN curriculum plan in fall 2017. As a result, we will not be admitting an Accelerated BSN summer 2017 cohort. We will make every effort to admit as many students as possible to the fall 2017 and spring 2018 cohorts to accommodate students who hoped to join the summer cohort.
- The Summa Cohort is a five (5) semester sequence.
- This cohort will have class on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 5:00pm-9:00pm. Clinical hours will primarily be from 7:00am - 7:30pm; however, a weekday clinical may be required during the third, fourth, and fifth semesters.
- Clinical rotations will take place at Summa Health Systems in Akron. Two exceptions are NURS 30020, which will be held at Akron Children's Hospital, and NURS 40020, which will be held at multiple locations throughout Summit County.
- The Summa Cohort accepts applicants only every-other-year. The College of Nursing will next be accepting Summa Cohort applications for the Fall 2018 term.
- The University Hospital Cohort is a five (5) semester sequence.
- The cohort will have class on Friday from 5:00pm-9:00pm. Clinical hours will be primarily on Saturday or Sunday from 7:00am-7:30pm; however, a weekday clinical may be required during the third, fourth, and fifth semesters.
- Clinical rotations and the majority of courses will take place at University Hospital. Some courses will only by offered online or at the Kent State campus. Students can expect to have class on Kent campus only once a weekend in the 1st term and 3-4 times per term the remainder of the sequence.
- The University Hospital Cohort accepts applicants only every-other-year. The College of Nursing will next be accepting UH Cohort applications for the Fall 2017 term.