- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Apply to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
If you are interested in entering the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program, also referred to as the "Traditional Nursing Sequence," you must first be admitted as a pre-nursing student.
Pre-Nursing Admission requirements
Admission to pre-nursing requires the completion of high school math, biology, and chemistry. In addition, admission to pre-nursing from high school is based on a sliding scale. Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- At least a 2.7 cumulative high school grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) AND minimum ACT composite and science reasoning scores of 22 or new SAT total of 1100 (1020 combined critical reading + math old SAT score);
- A 3.0 high school grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) AND minimum ACT composite and science reasoning scores of 21 new SAT total of 1060 (980 combined critical reading + math old SAT score);
- Or a 3.3 cumulative high school grade point average AND minimum ACT composite and science reasoning scores of 20 new SAT total of 1020 (940 combined critical reading + math old SAT score).
Transfer Students are required to request all official transcripts from each college or university attended other than Kent State University. Transfer students are required to apply to Kent State University and be accepted prior to acceptance into the Nursing program. Call the Office of Student Services at 330-672-7911 for additional information.
Apply online to Kent State University and indicate Nursing as your desired major. If your application is approved and admission minimums are met, you will be admitted to Kent State as a Pre-Nursing major. If the admission minimums are not met, you will be deferred to the Exploratory major.
Complete the following courses in your first year as a Pre-Nursing major:
- BSCI 21010 - Anatomy & Physiology I
- BSCI 21020 - Anatomy & Physiology II
- BSCI 20021 - Microbiology
- CHEM 10055 - Molecules of Life
- MATH 11009 - Modeling Algebra
Consideration will be given to applicants who have at least a 2.75 GPA, both as a cumulative average and in the first year sciences (courses above), based on 30 semester hours of college- level coursework (coursework may be in progress).
Please note: All attempts in science courses will be averaged together to determine science GPA.
Apply to the Traditional Nursing Sequence online during the following application cycles:
|Semester||Application Cycle||KSU Campuses Admitting|
|Fall||Feb. - May||Kent, Geauga, Salem, Stark, and Trumbull|
|Spring||Mid-Oct. - Dec.||Kent|
Transfer students: If you are not admitted to Kent State University at the time of application review (see Step 1), your application to the Nursing program will not be reviewed.
Admission into the nursing program is highly competitive and is not guaranteed.