Apply to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
If you are interested in entering the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program, also referred to as the "Traditional Nursing Sequence," you must first be admitted as a pre-nursing student.
Pre-Nursing Admission requirements
- Completion of high school math, biology and chemistry.
- At least a 2.7 cumulative high school grade point average (on a 4.0 scale)
- Minimum ACT composite and science reasoning scores of 22 (or an SAT combined verbal & math score of 1020).
- Students with an ACT composite score of 21 (SAT combined verbal & math score of 980) need a 3.0 high school GPA; those with an ACT composite score of 20 (SAT combined verbal & math score of 940) need a 3.3 cumulative high school GPA.
- Transfer Students are required to request all official transcripts from each college or university attended other than Kent State University. Transfer students are required to apply to Kent State University and be accepted prior to acceptance into the Nursing program. Call the Office of Student Services at 330-672-7911 for additional information.
Apply online to Kent State University and indicate Nursing as your desired major. If your application is approved and admission minimums are met, you will be admitted to Kent State as a Pre-Nursing major. If the admission minimums are not met, you will be deferred to the Exploratory major.
Complete the following courses in your first year as a Pre-Nursing major:
- BSCI 21010 - Anatomy & Physiology I
- BSCI 21020 - Anatomy & Physiology II
- BSCI 20021 - Microbiology
- CHEM 10055 - Molecules of Life
- MATH 11009 - Modeling Algebra
Consideration will be given to applicants who have at least a 2.75 GPA, both as a cumulative average and in the first year sciences (courses above), based on 30 semester hours of college- level coursework (coursework may be in progress).
Please note: All attempts in science courses will be averaged together to determine science GPA.
Apply to the Traditional Nursing Sequence online during the following application cycles:
|Semester||Application Cycle||KSU Campuses Admitting|
|Fall||Feb. - May||Kent, Geauga, Salem, Stark, and Trumbull|
|Spring||Mid-Oct. - Dec.||Kent|
Transfer students: If you are not admitted to Kent State University at the time of application review (see Step 1), your application to the Nursing program will not be reviewed.
Admission into the nursing program is highly competitive and is not guaranteed.