Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Become a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in less than two years through Kent State's 100% online program.
The DNP is the terminal degree for nurses who want to advance their knowledge of nursing practice and gain exceptional leadership and technology skills.
There is a growing demand for nurses with advanced leadership and technology skills which enable them to navigate the increasingly complex healthcare environment. There is also an increasing need for nurses who possess advanced knowledge that enables them to improve nursing practice and patient outcomes.
Our DNP program will prepare you to:
- Assume a leadership role in healthcare
- Apply current research and evidence-based practice to improve patient outcomes
- Practice with interdisciplinary teams, information systems, and quality improvement
- Make an impact on healthcare policy
Develop the skills you need by earning your DNP from Kent State University!
Why Kent State? Our program offers you:
- A cohort structure: You'll learn and collaborate with a group of peers and faculty throughout the entire program.
- An innovative curriculum completed 100% online in only five semesters.
- An experienced faculty advisor who will work with you to develop and conduct a Scholarly Project that will contribute to nursing practice and positively impact patient outcomes.
- Mentorship and guidance from our doctorally prepared faculty, which include nationally certified advanced practice nurses, active researchers, and experienced nurse leaders who understand the challenges of today's healthcare environment.
DNP or Ph.D.: Which is Right for Me?
Click below to compare the Ph.D. and DNP programs and discover which degree is best for you!Learn More