We invite you to apply for admission if you meet the following requirements:
- You have an active, unrestricted RN license in the state in which clinical coursework will be completed.
- Proof of the appropriate licensure must be obtained within the first semester of the program or prior to you beginning practicum hours, whichever comes first
- You have earned a baccalaureate and/or graduate degree from an accredited registered nursing program.
- An RN with a bachelor's degree in a non-nursing field will be considered based on review of a portfolio submitted with the application. Please contact the Office of Student Services for additional information.
- You have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 point scale.
- Applicants with a lower GPA may be considered for conditional admission according to the University Graduate Admission Policy
- You have successfully completed an undergraduate level statistics course in the past 5 years with a grade of "C" or better.
Note: In order to be compliant with federal and state laws related to online education and consumer protection, as well as State professional licensure/certification regulations, Kent State University may not be able offer online programs to students residing in certain states. In addition, some state laws may impose limitations that could affect a program of study, including inability to offer clinical practicum courses. Since these regulations undergo continuous updates, non-Ohio residents interested in pursuing any College of Nursing online program are advised to consult official Kent State information on state authorization before applying to this program, by contacting the Office of Student Services at 330-672-7911.
Materials to submit with application
- Official Transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended.
- A two to three page admission essay describing reasons for seeking the master's degree in the identified specialty and demonstrating clarity of professional goals.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of reference from health care professionals or academic faculty who can speak to your professional and academic abilities.
International applicants must show evidence of one of the following:
- A minimum internet TOEFL score of 83
- A paper based TOEFL score of 560
- A MELAB score of 78
- A PTE minimum score of 55, or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 for admission
The MSN/MBA concentration requires applicants to complete the GMAT or GRE. Students selected for admission to the nursing program must meet the College of Nursing's Clinical Compliance Policy.
You may submit application materials (except transcripts) to GradApps@kent.edu. Transcripts must be sent by each college or university (except Kent State University) electronically or in a sealed envelope to:
Research and Graduate Studies Office of Graduate Services
650 Hilltop Drive
Kent State University
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242-0001