- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Apply to the MSN Program
We invite you to apply for admission if you meet the following requirements:
- You have an active, unrestricted RN license in the state in which clinical coursework will be completed.
- You have earned a baccalaureate and/or graduate degree from an accredited registered nursing program.
- You have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 point scale.
- Applicants with a lower GPA may be considered for conditional admission according to the University Graduate Admission Policy
- You have successfully completed an undergraduate level statistics course in the past 5 years with a grade of "C" or better.
Note: In order to be compliant with federal and state laws related to online education and consumer protection, as well as State professional licensure/certification regulations, Kent State University may not be able offer online programs to students residing in certain states. In addition, some state laws may impose limitations that could affect a program of study, including inability to offer clinical practicum courses. Since these regulations undergo continuous updates, non-Ohio residents interested in pursuing any College of Nursing online program are advised to consult official Kent State information on state authorization before applying to this program, by contacting the Office of Student Services at 330-672-7911.
Adult-Gero Acute Care NP; Adult-Gero Primary Care NP; Family NP; MSN-MBA Dual Degree; Pediatric Primary Care NP; Psychiatric-Mental Health NP
Adult-Gero CNS; Nurse Educator; Nursing & Healthcare Management; Women's Health NP
Materials to submit with application
You should submit all application materials (except transcripts) to GradApps@kent.edu.
- Official Transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended.
- A two to three-page admission essay describing reasons for seeking the master's degree in the identified specialty and demonstrating clarity of professional goals.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- Proof of RN licensure.
- Search for your license on NURSYS.com Quick Confirm License Verification. Find and review the information to ensure that it is you. Click on “View Report” and email the full report to GradApps@kent.edu. If your state does not participate in NURSYS, please contact your state’s BoN to send licensure verification to Kent State University.
- Three letters of reference from health care professionals or academic faculty who can speak to your professional and academic abilities.
- A letter of recommendation form is available in printable format; attaching a descriptive statement in addition, however, is strongly encouraged.
- Download letter of recommendation form (PDF)
- International applicants must show evidence of one of the following:
- A minimum internet TOEFL score of 83
- A paper based TOEFL score of 560
- A MELAB score of 78
- A PTE minimum score of 55, or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 for admission
- The MSN/MBA concentration requires applicants to complete the GMAT or GRE.
Transcripts must be sent by each college or university (except Kent State University) electronically or in a sealed envelope to:
Research and Graduate Studies Office of Graduate Services
650 Hilltop Drive
Kent State University
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242-0001
Students selected for admission to the nursing program must meet the College of Nursing's Clinical Compliance Policy.