- Current & Future Students
Nursing Master’s Degree: Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
Program OverviewThe Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is awarded to successful graduates of the Geriatric Nurse Practitioner (GNP) program in the concentration in geriatrics. This Nursing Master’s Degree is part of the Kent State University’s distinguished College of Nursing. If you’re interested in pursuing your Master’s Degree in Nursing, it’s time to discover how KSU can help you achieve your goals.
Geriatric nurse practitioners focus their care on health promotion, risk detection, illness prevention, and management of acute and chronic illnesses. Students in this Nursing Master’s Degree program are taught to practice directly or in collaboration with other health professionals to provide continuity of health care and to maximize the effectiveness of community and health care system services. Students learn clinical judgment and primary care skills through faculty mentorship and clinical preceptors in a variety of ambulatory care settings and specialty clinics. Geriatric Nurse Practitioners are employed in primary care offices including internal medicine and family practice, clinics, managed care offices, free clinics, and long term care facilities.
The Geriatric NP Nursing Master’s Degree program offers:
- Faculty mentorship and advising
- Full and part-time plans of study
- Clinical experiences in a variety of ambulatory settings and specialty clinics
- Qualification as a Family NP or Adult Care NP with completion of additional course work
- Many online course offerings
- Eligibility to attain ANCC certification
Completed admission application deadlines are as follows: June 1, 2012 for Fall Semester; Spring 2012 admission is now closed.
- Marie Anne Hickey MSN, RN, CNP (email@example.com)
- 330-672-8842 or 28842 on-campus dial for free