The Nurse Educator concentration prepares nurses for roles in academic nursing. Students in the education concentration acquire advanced nursing knowledge and educational theories and principles.
As a student, the Nurse Educator concentration offers you:
- A flexible curriculum with online courses and full- and part-time options.
- Individualized academic advising.
- Academic quality at a reasonable educational cost.
- Practicum experience with leaders in nursing education.
- Educational experiences tailored to student experience and goals.
- Employment opportunities that are available to graduates in academic nursing addressing the faculty shortage needs identified by the American Nurses Association (ANA) and the Institute of Medicine (IOM).
- The needed qualifications for graduates to take the Certified Nurse EducatorCM (CNE) from the National League for Nursing
- The opportunity to gain the skills necessary to work in the academic, patient education, or service sector.
Carol A. Sedlak
PhD, RN, CNS, ONC, CNE, FAAN
- Carol Sedlak PhD, RN, CNS, ONC, CNE, FAAN
- Ann Ancona MSN, RN, CPNP-PC, CNE
- Marcy Caplin PhD(c) MSN, RN, CNE
- Tina Saunders MSN, RN, CNE, GCNS-BC
Kent State's College of Nursing offers post-master's nursing certificate programs for individuals who hold a Master's Degree in nursing.
View information, requirements, and employment information for the Nurse Educator post-master's certificate