Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
The Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner concentration trains students to serve children within the context of their families and provide individualized and culturally competent care. You will complete your clinical experiences in a wide variety of settings with expert pediatric care providers.
As a Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, you will assist with health promotion, illness prevention, risk identification and the acute and chronic care of children from birth to age 21. You may work in doctor's offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics and specialty clinics, such as cardiology and gastroenterology, home health care settings and schools.
As a Pediatric Primary Care NP student, we offer you:
- A flexible curriculum with many online courses and full- and part-time options
- Faculty mentorship and advising from nationally certified PNPs who have over 30 years of experience
- Fall and spring semester start dates
- A program that is known for its intellectual rigor and clinical quality
The PPCNP concentration at the master's level is a minimum of 39 credit hours, and can be completed in as little as two (2) years, or if part time, in three to three-and-a-half-years (3 - 3.5).
Graduates of this program have attained a national certification pass rate of 96%. All successful graduates of the Pediatric Primary Care NP concentration meet possess educational requirements to apply for:
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) exam for the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, or
- The Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) exam.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
This advanced nursing practice (APRN) concentration is also offered at the doctoral level. Kent State's DNP program is offered at both the post-baccalaureate and post-master's levels. Learn More about the DNP
Kent State's College of Nursing offers post-master's nursing certificate programs for individuals who hold a Master's Degree in nursing. View information, requirements, and employment information for the Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner post-master's certificate