Paid Learning Experiences
Off-Campus Federal Work Study
The program is focused on providing opportunities for students to work in community service positions in the surrounding area. Current Off-Campus Partners include: Akron Public Schools/Project Grad, Akron Urban League, Coleman Professional Services, Family and Community Services, Freedom House, The Junction, King Kennedy Community Center, Ohio Genealogical Society, Place of Peace, and Shelter Services. In order to provide students with solid work/learning opportunities, the following has been established.
Interested In Off-Campus Federal Work Study?
Contact Ann Gosky, Senior Special Assistant, for additional information.
Will provide opportunities for students to engage in meaningful community service functions, with preference given to positions involving direct service;
Are committed to a long-term relationship with Kent State to provide student employment opportunities;
- Will provide opportunities for students to work in positions with strong supervisory/mentoring relationships
- Understand and are willing to work within the constraints created by the flexible scheduling needs of the student; and
- Will be committed to using the work experience as an opportunity to impact the communities surrounding our campus through work at local non-profits or government agencies
- Will attend all training, complete reflection requirements, and evaluations to develop leadership skills and for individual personal development
- Work within the guidelines of the federal work study program
- Students can access a list of off-campus Federal Work Study jobs by visiting the Career Services website.
EMPLOYERS AND STUDENTS:
For more information on this program go to the Employer Guidebook and/or the Student Guidebook.