The ticket rates automatically increase as follows:
- Ticket(s) 1-2, $15 each
- Tickets 3-8, $35 each
- Tickets 9 and over, $50 each
Other ticket rates:
- Displaying a lost, stolen, altered or counterfeit permit, $100
- Parking in a Handicap space, $100
- A $5 late fee will be added to any unpaid ticket after 7 business days.
Other ticket information:
- A license plate that has been issued 9 or more tickets – paid or unpaid- is considered to be a "Frequent Violator" and is subject to booting and/or towing.
- IOU's issued for unpaid parking in the Student Center Visitor's lot must be paid within 7 calendar days or it will become a ticket and the rate will increase as indicated above.
TICKET PAYMENTS/ COLLECTIONS
Ticket payments may be made:
- Online using MasterCard, Visa, Discover or electronic check
- In person at the Parking Services office in room 123 Schwartz Center
- By depositing the ticket and payment in the red courtesy boxes located near the parking meters in most parking lots
- By mail to:
Kent State University
123 Schwartz Center
P.O. Box 5190
Kent Ohio 44242
Ticket collection Information:
- Any unpaid student tickets will be transferred to the Bursar's office for collection if not paid within 10 business days. It is possible to owe both the Bursar's office and Parking Services for outstanding tickets.
- Any unpaid tickets may prevent a university employee from purchasing a parking permit. In addition, the unpaid tickets may be sent to the Ohio Attorney General's office for collection.
- Any unpaid tickets issued to vehicles of individuals not affiliated with the university will be sent to the Ohio Attorney General's office for collection.