- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Graduate Program Admission Requirements
All applicants to the Graduate Program submit the following with their application:
- GRE scores (and TOEFL for foreign applicants)
- three letters of recommendation
- statement of purpose
- transcripts from all institutions, undergraduate and graduate, where 8 hours or more have been attempted
- applicants seeking a Graduate Assistantship (financial aid) should also submit a completed Application for Graduate Appointment form (linked at Graduate Studies)
A writing sample is not required for application to the graduate program but may be submitted and is recommended for students who wish to be considered for funding.
Documents must be submitted to the Graduate School, at the address listed in the application process. The application is not complete until the Graduate School has received and processed all required application materials.
Applicants who do not have an undergraduate major or minor (at least 18 semester hours or the equivalent) in philosophy or who have an overall GPA below 3.0 (on a 4 point scale) should consult the Graduate Coordinator before submitting their application.
The department has two different application deadlines, depending on whether the applicant wishes to apply for financial aid.
To apply for financial aid: all application materials must be received and processed by the Graduate School by February 1 for matriculation the following fall.
To apply without requesting financial aid: all application materials must be received and processed by the Graduate School prior to the semester of matriculation.