Brian D. Kelley
M.P.A, Kent State University
Brian Kelley teaches in the masters program in public administration and in the justice studies program. He serves as the Chief Information Officer at Portage County, Ohio, and is responsible for the County’s information technology operations. Under his leadership, Portage County has received international, national, state, and regional recognition for highly successful enterprise-wide information technology projects.
- 2012 Government Technology Top 25 Doers, Dreamers & Drivers in Public Sector Innovation
- 2011 URISA Distinguished System - Enterprise Systems Category (ESIG) Award
- 2011 Center for Digital Government - Digital Government Achievement Award (Honorable Mention)
- 2011 GMIS G2 Award
- 2011 OGRIS Best Practices Award
- 2011 NEOSA CIO/IT Team of the Year Award of the Year for Non-Profit/Government Award - Finalist
- 2009 NEOSA CIO/IT Team of the Year for Government Award
- 2008 OGRIP Ohio GIS Best Practices Award
- 2008 Tyler Technologies MUNIS Public Sector Excellence Award
He is currently serving as 4th vice president on the Executive Board of Directors of GMIS International. With over 400 member organizations across the U.S. and international sister organizations in six countries, GMIS International is the largest professional organization for public sector IT leaders in the U.S. Mr. Kelley is also currently serving as vice president of the Northern Ohio InfraGard Members Alliance, a partnership between the FBI and businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies which is focused on infrastructure and cyber protection. He is a past president of the Ohio County/City Information Technology Association and currently serves the organization as state liaison.
Mr. Kelley has been honored with Government Management Information Science’s 2006 Professional Award for Outstanding Professionalism, Dedication, and Perform-ance and the Ohio Government Finance Officer’s 2011 Innovation in Public Finance Award.