Subject Librarian for:
- Physics (interim)
- Chemistry (interim)
· Oversee Reference and Instructional Services, Special Collections and Archives, and four branch libraries: Performing Arts, Architecture, Fashion and Map.
· Perform annual evaluations of direct reports assessing job performance, service and scholarship.
· Work to place librarians within strategic workflows where they can contribute to the success of students, staff, faculty and community members.
· Exercise fiscal oversight of assigned areas and programs.
· Lead and develop organizational capacity for engagement and outreach.
· Work with campus and community organizations to develop strategic relationships and collaborations.
· Engage in strategic and succession planning.
· Contribute to development activities as needed.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
Radcliff, C. J., Jensen, M. L., Salem, J. A., Burhanna, K. J., & Gedeon, J. A. (2007). A practical guide to information literacy assessment for academic librarians. Westport, CT: Libraries Unlimited. [National Award Winner].
Burhanna, K. J. (In Press) “The Transition movement: From blueprint to construction zone.” In Burhanna, K. J. (ed.), Informed Transitions: Libraries supporting the high school to college transition. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO.
Burhanna, K. J., Jensen, M. L., Schloman, B.F., & Gedeon, J. A. (2009). Reaching forward: Three high school outreach initiatives at Kent State University. In Courtney, N. D. (ed.), Academic library outreach: Beyond the campus walls. Westport, CT: Libraries Unlimited.
Burhanna, K.J., Seeholzer, J., & Salem, J. (2009). No natives here: A focus group study of student perceptions of web 2.0 and the academic library. Journal of Academic Librarianship 35(6).
Burhanna, K.J., Voelker, T.J., & Gedeon, J.A. (2008). Virtually the same: comparing the effectiveness of online versus in-person library tours. Public Services Quarterly 4(4) 317-338. [Peer-Reviewed]. Burhanna, K., Jensen, M. L. & Schloman, B. (2008). Our transition mission: Reaching out to the high school community. In T. Valko (ed.): Proceedings of the thirty-fourth national LOEX library instruction conference. Library orientation series no. 39. Ypsilanti, MI: LOEX Press.
Burhanna, K.J. (2007). Instructional outreach to high schools: Should you be doing it? Communications in Information Literacy 1(2) 74-88. [Peer-reviewed]. Burhanna, K. J., & Jensen, M. L. (2006). Collaborations for success: High school to college transitions. Reference Services Review 34, 509-529. [Peer-reviewed].
Burhanna, K. (2004). Flash-Authoring Tools Making Content Developers of Librarians in a Flash. College & Undergraduate Libraries. 11(2), 85-90.
- Information Literacy
- Emerging Instructional Technologies
- Learning Theories