Michael O. Bice
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- "Building a Data Base," Hospitals, June 16, 1974.
- "Rules and Regulations: A Commentary Upon the Decline and Fall of the Voluntary Health Care System in New York State,"The Eclectic, Michigan Hospital Administration Alumni Publication, 1977-1978.
- Kellogg National Fellow, 1980-1983. The Fellowship had two major components: a series of seminars on major issues facing America, and a major interdisciplinary study, which examined corporate cultures in healthcare.
- "Corporate Cultures and Business Strategy: A Health Management Company Perspective," ACHA/Journal, July-August1984.
- Chapter, "The Transformation of Lutheran Health Systems," Corporate Transformation. Ralph H. Kilmann, Teresa J. Covin and Associates (San Francisco, 1987)
- Monthly Column on Corporate Culture, Hospitals, January 1990 - December 1990.
- George C. Burke III and Michael O. Bice. "Renewal and Change for Health Care Executives," Hospitals & Health Services Administration, Volume 36, Number 1 (Spring 1991): pp. 13-22. (Note: Article also included in Hospital Leadership and Accountability, a collection of papers from the above-named journal, which was published in May 1992.)
- "Networking: Issues and Lessons," Conference Proceedings, Strategic Alliance Research Agenda, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Nov. 12, 1993.
- "Hospital Accreditation" and "Hospital Networks," Hospitalaria, Journal of the Colombian Association of Hospitals and Clinics (2000).
- Clinical Analytics
- Healthcare Cultural Change
- Health Policy
- Aging Services Technology
- Chair, Rochester Regional Hospital Association
- Chair, Finger Lakes Health Services Cooperative
- Member, Hospital Association of New York's Task Force on Regulation
- Preceptor, Undergraduate and Graduate Health Administration Programs
- Trustee, Massachusetts Hospital Association
- Member, American Hospital Association Council on Management
- President, InterHealth (A Consortium of Lutheran Systems and Hospitals)
- Trustee, North Dakota Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Trustee, First Interstate Center for Health Services Marketing
- Trustee, Association for Health Services Research
- Member, Editorial Board for Modern Healthcare and Frontiers of Health Services Management
- Member, Florida Long Term Care Advisory Panel
- Member, eHIM Task Force, AHIMA