Public Health Student Alliance
"Students Working Together to Improve the Quality of Life"
The purpose of the Public Health Student Alliance shall be:
1. To promote the study of Public HealthInterested in becoming a member?
2. To promote academic and professional networking
3 To provide current information about the public health field
4. Develop a sense of community among all students and staff in the College of Public Health
5. Expand opportunities for student professional development
6. To promote social responsibility through community involvement and service
7. To facilitate student dialogue with local, state, and national organizations
8. To lend support to incoming and current public health students (i.e. mentoring and tutoring)
How can I be a PHSA member?
PHSA membership is open to all Kent State University students, undergraduates and graduates. We accept new members all year round: year or semester membership. A membership application is provided electronically (via the website) or in the College Office, 3rd Floor Lowry Hall. Additionally, feel free to contact a P.H.S.A Executive Member for an application or more information.
Are there any membership fees?
Yes. There are yearly ($20) and semester ($10) fees.
If you are already a member, a renewal form is provided electronically or in the College Office, 3rd Floor Lowry Hall.
What will PHSA do for you?
PHSA provides students with different volunteer opportunities within the campus and in the community. We foster environments for students and public health professionals to connect that assist with providing internships, volunteer opportunities and potential employment.
What do we expect from you?
PHSA encourages each member to volunteer for at least one service event each month. PHSA provides you with a variety of volunteer opportunities to choose from. This information can be viewed in the “upcoming events” section of our website.
Do we cater to online students?
Yes. Online students interested in joining PHSA can do so as well. Just complete the online membership form and we will be sure to include you in all future email correspondence regarding events and opportunities that we will be providing.
305 Lowry Hall
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, OH 44240