Kent State University's new College of Public Health was created to bridge public safety and health career pathways and to address a nationwide shortage of public health workers by the year 2020.
The PhD in Public Health includes three specialty areas – Epidemiology, Health Policy and Management, and Prevention Science. The three specializations are actually three separate PhD in Public Health programs. KSU is proud to be on the forefront of this field by being one of only two schools to offer PhD in Public Health programs.
PhD in Public Health program courses will be held at the Kent Campus. The curriculum consists of a minimum of 90 credit hours organized in five curricular domains:
- Prerequisites (13 credit hours)
- Core courses (12 credit hours)
- Courses required for each specialization (24 credit hours)
- Content-related Elective courses (11 credit hours)
- Dissertation (30 credit hours)
The curriculum for each of the three PhD in Public Health programs at Kent State Univeristy is designed to help students develop real-world knowledge and skills needed to pursue success in the public health industry.
Source: Association of Schools of Public Health, 2009.
- PhD in Public Health, Epidemiology
- PhD in Public Health, Health Policy and Management
- PhD in Public Health, Prevention Science
PhD in Public Health Program Application Requirements:
The minimum requirements for this PhD in Public Health program are:
- Masters degree from an accredited college/university in a related discipline
- Minimum graduate GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Acceptable GRE scores (or other approved standardized graduate admission exam with a quantitative component). Scores older than five years are not acceptable and require retaking the GRE.
- A personal statement and a resume
- 3 Letters of Recommendation from college or university faculty
- TOEFL score, as applicable
- Required interview with faculty
Apply for Admission to KSU's PhD in Public Health Programs
1. Apply online to KSU's PhD programs.
Send your transcripts, letters of recommendation and standardized test scores to:
Graduate Studies Admissions
Kent State University
650 Hilltop Dr.
Kent, OH 44242
(Resumes are optional.)
2. Email admission questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org