Public Health Curricula for Educators
Do you need interesting, inquiry-based activities for your classroom that meet national and state standards?
Here are direct links to basic microbiology, public health, personal hygiene, bioterrorism and general preparedness activities for grades 3-12 educators matched with corresponding American Association for the Advancement of Science Project 2061 Benchmarks, National Science Education Standards, and Ohio Model objectives. Many of the activities use easily accessible, inexpensive materials and include ready-to-use data sheets.
To evaluate the above curricula, click here.
Advanced Lab Exercises for High School 9-12
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Purification of PCR Products for Cloning via Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
- Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
- Restriction Enzyme Digest
- Ligation-Dependent Cloning
- Induction of Protein Expression
"Germs 101" : Video Clips for Visual Learners
Please tell your colleagues about our activities!
Is your school district prepared for a pandemic flu? See the CDC website for K-12 school districts and child care and preschools.