Table of Contents
Part I: Essential Information for Emergency Preparedness
An emergency requiring the evacuation of the Kent Campus is likely to be part of a larger evacuation. It is important to follow evacuation instructions.
Evacuating in a Vehicle The primary egress routes for those leaving the campus in a vehicle are:
- State Route 59 East to State Route 44 South to I-76
- Summit Street (east of Campus Center Drive) East to State Route 44 South to I-76
- Summit Street (west of Campus Center Drive) West to Mogadore Road South to I-76
- East Campus Center Drive South to State Route 261 West to State Route 43 South to I-76
- West Campus Center Drive South to State Route 261 West to State Route 43 South to I-76
Pedestrian Evacuation Departure Locations Portage Area Regional Transportation Authority (PARTA) buses are used to evacuate persons without access to vehicles. Four locations on the Kent Campus have been identified as departure points:
- The Kent Student Center Information Booth on Risman Drive
- The Bus stop at the intersection of Loop and Rhodes Roads
- Senhauser Drive between Twin Towers and the Eastway Complex
- The Music and Speech Building on Theater Drive
From these departure points, buses will proceed to a designated location safely outside the area affected by the emergency.