- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Age Requirements Policy
NOTE: Individual memberships to the SRWC are not available to anyone under 18 years of age.
- Children 12 years and under must be directly supervised (same room) by an adult member at all times in the SRWC. These children may have general use of the SRWC with the exception of the fitness floor, weight room, circuit and equipment located on the track level.
- Youth 13 - 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult member into the SRWC. The parent must remain in the building during the child’s use; however, direct supervision is not required. Children in this age group have general access to the building, with the exception of the weight room and the climbing wall.
- Children (ages 13 - 15) who wish to use the selectorized equipment and cardiovascular machines must complete Teen User Orientation.
- Youth 16 - 17 who are members of the SRWC can gain the privilege of entering the facility without parental supervision. A parent or guardian must also be a member of the SRWC.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use free weights.
- Children over the age of 4 are not permitted in the locker room of the opposite sex. The family changing rooms are available for your convenience.
Youth Program Eligibility
- Youth programs require a parent/guardian signature when signing up.
- Additional forms may be required prior to the start of any program.
- Children under 13 may participate only in youth programs.
- Children 13 - 16 may participate in most programs offered, but a parent must be present during the program activity. Exceptions to this include PEAK summer camps and supervised group rentals, which do not require parents to remain in the building.
- Participants must be at least 16 years old to participate in Group X classes, 18 years old to participate in community leagues.
- Other age restrictions may apply. Please ask when registering.
Climbing Wall Age Policy
- There are no age requirements to climb at the wall; however, climbers must be at least 13 years of age to belay. All approved climbers ages 13 - 17 must be accompanied by an approved adult climber at all times, unless an event has been scheduled through Recreational Services.
Natatorium Age Policy
- Children newborn - 8 years old, and any age child wearing a flotation device, must be accompanied in the water by an adult.
- Children 9 to 12 years old must have an adult with them in the natatorium.
- Children 13 years old and over are permitted in the natatorium without direct parental supervision.
- Children under 16 are not permitted in the spa.
- Before allowing a child in the vortex or deep water, the lifeguard may require a child to demonstrate his/her deep water swimming ability.