- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Crooked River Adventures
CROOKED RIVER ADVENTURES IS RETURNING FRIDAY MAY 26, 2017!
Welcome to Crooked River Adventures! We are excited to have you join us this summer, and we are pleased to offer a variety of recreational and instructional opportunities on the Cuyahoga River and Mogadore Reservoir.
Our river trips include three destinations along the Cuyahoga River, all with easy-to-navigate routes and beautiful views. The water is calm, relaxing and perfect for beginners and families with children.
Cuyahoga river options:
Already know which trip you want?
All river trips begin at Tannery Park in Kent, Ohio and return transportation is provided.
- Canoes, single kayaks and tandem kayaks available.
- Three trip lengths offered from 1, 2 and 3 hours.
- Stand-up paddle board - 2 hours
- Kayak tours - 2 hours
Guided tours include experienced staff that will walk you through the basics of paddling and guide you down the river. All staff members are also certified in first aid.
Have your own boat? We offer a shuttling service for $10 per person for all of our scheduled trips. Book now to reserve your seat.
Mogadore Reservior (flatwater) options:
- Kayak lessons
- Stand-up paddle board lessons
Experienced guides will provide group instruction to paddlers. Just let us know what skills you would like to work on ahead of time and we will try to tailor the instruction to your needs.
- Reserve an instructional program today!
Inflatable tube options:
Walk-up tube rentals:
- Tube rentals are available for $5 per hour. Participants can walk upstream to Heritage Park in downtown Kent and float back downstream to Tannery Park. No reservations needed.
- Hop on a tube and float from Tannery Park to Middlebury Bridge where staff will be waiting on you with return transportation. Reservations are required.
Private tours are available on the river and lake for groups of five or more. Guides are included. Choose from stand-up paddleboards, kayaks and canoes or a combination of them. Discounts applied for 10 or more people.
Pedal & paddle package:
- If you would like to experience the river from land as well, you can ride one of our bikes from your trip takeout and ride back to your vehicle. We will bring a bike for you when we pick up your boat at the end of your paddle. Add a bike when you register for your trip.
- Rent a bike for $5 per hour and check out the bike path along the river. Reservations not required.
On days when the Cuyahoga River is not runnable due to high or extremely low water, we offer trips to Mogadore for only $20.00 per person.