About the Program
- U.S. Figure Skating strongly recommends the use of a hockey or multi-sport helmet for all beginner skaters and children 6 years of age and younger.
- It is recommended that participants dress in layers
- Snow suits and heavy winter clothes are discouraged as they limit movement
- Mittens or gloves are a must
- Participants may use their own skates, however double runners are not permitted
- Skates can be rented for $1 per lesson
- All Learn to Skate participants should register with Learn to Skate USA to receive the full benefits of the program. Membership includes an official record book, membership card and more!
Participants Will Receive:
- A parking permit (one per family) for Thursday classes. Parking Services does not ticket on weekends.
- An invitation to perform in the annual Holiday Exhibition.
Don’t forget to register for your Learn to Skate USA membership at https://www.learntoskateusa.com/signuphomepage.
This membership provides you with an official Learn to Skate USA Record Book, membership card, parent handbook and magazine. The Learn to Skate USA skating program is endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey and US Speedskating.
Present your Learn to Skate USA membership card to your Learn to Skate instructor and receive 2 Free Public Skating Admission Passes. This one-time offer is available between July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017.
Sessions: Fall 2016
- Learn to Skate - Tots
- Learn to Skate - Tots Practice (30-minute optional practice after each Tots session)
- Learn to Skate - Basic 1
- Learn to Skate - Basic 1/2
- Learn to Skate - Basic 3
- Learn to Skate - Basic 4
- Learn to Skate - Basic 5/6
- Learn to Skate - Pre-Freestyle
- Learn to Skate - Freestyle 1
- Learn to Skate - Freestyle 2
- Learn to Skate - Freestyle 3
- Learn to Skate - Freestyle 4
- Learn to Skate - Freestyle 5
- Learn to Skate - Adult Beginner
- Learn to Skate - Adult Advanced Beginner
- Learn to Skate - Adult Intermediate
- Learn to Skate - Adult Advanced
- Theatre on Ice
- Hockey Prep