Weight Floor Policies
- Patrons must be 18 or over to be in the weight room.
- Patrons are required to re-rack all weights and return equipment to its proper location/starting position after use.
- Above-the-head Olympic lifts are prohibited.
- Collars and pins are required on all free bar lifts.
- Slamming or dropping of weights is prohibited.
- Improper use of equipment is not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to: standing on equipment, standing on weights, stacking weights under equipment, top-loading equipment and stepping on weights.
- Equipment should remain in the weight room. Only approved equipment from SRWC staff may be moved.
- Weights are not to be leaned against walls, columns, other equipment or mirrors.
- Immediately report any weight room related injury or facility/equipment irregularity to staff on duty.
- The use of chalk is prohibited.
- Follow appropriate weight room safety and etiquette practices, demonstrating courtesy toward others in the room at all times.
- Please wipe off benches and pads.
- Please follow all safety instructions posted on equipment.
- Personal trainers are available through Recreational Services. Outside personal training is prohibited.
- Bringing in outside equipment is prohibited.