Room Inventory is stored in FAMIS, the authoritative database for room information. FAMIS is maintained by the University Architect’s Office. Room Information is fed from FAMIS into Banner and the scheduling system.
Exclusive/Priority room usage is governed by the Principles of Timetabling and overseen by the Classroom Review Committee.
Room Inventory includes :
- Room type (lecture hall, seminar, computer lab, scientific lab, etc)
- Room status (active, inactive)
- Room capacity
- Room characteristics (tablet-arm chairs, technology package, whiteboards, chalkboards, etc)
- A Pavilion indicates the building that is preferred by a department
All departments have defined home pavilions
Requested Pavilions are indicate the building where a delivery is desired
- Alternate Pavilions are defined for all home pavilions
If space in unavailable in the requested pavilion, alternate pavilions will be selected if space is available
- Home and Alternate Pavilions should be reviewed periodically by each department. The current listing can be found on our Resourse page
Send updates to the ASC Mailbox