General Information & Policies
The University reserves the right to change the time of a course if it is deemed necessary, and it reserves the right to drop (cancel) any course from the Schedule of Classes if there is insufficient student demand or if resources are unavailable to offer the course. The University also reserves the right to change academic requirements without notice; however, such a change in requirements should not be to the substantial disadvantage of students during their enrollment.
Policies and Regulations
- Catalogs - Access the Kent State University Catalog from the Academics web page.
- Change Student Information (Name, Address, Telephone, E-mail, Emergency Contact)
- Course Overload - Information on the Course Overload requirement is available in the Kent State University Catalog. Access the catalog from the Academics web page.
- Credit By Examination (CBE)
- Disclosure of Directory Information
- Disclosure of Social Security Number
- Diversity Course Requirement - Information on the Diversity Course requirement is available in the Kent State University Catalog. Access the catalog from the Academics web page.
- Drug Free Schools and Communities Act
- FERPA Release Forms
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal Law that protects the privacy of student education records, both financial and academic. For the student’s protection, FERPA limits release of student record information without the student’s explicit written consent; however it also gives the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) the right to review those records if the parent(s)/guardian(s) claim the student as a dependent on their Federal Income Tax Return.
- Late Registration
- Kent Core (General Education Requirements) - Information on Kent Core requirements is available in the Kent State University Catalog. Access the catalog from the Academics web page.
- Military Call-Up
- Ohio Student Residency for State Subsidy and Tuition Surcharge Purposes Policy
- Petition for Exception to Registration
Use the Petition for Exception to Registration Form (click here to print the form in pdf format) when requesting registration/schedule adjustment transactions to your class schedule after published University deadlines for the class(es). Access the Detailed Class Search from the Schedule of Classes Search page. After locating the course, click on the "Registration Deadlines" link to determine course specific dates.
- Registration Cancellation
- Schedule Adjustment
- Selective Service Statement
- Student Records Policy (FERPA)
- Student Right to Know Act
- Withdrawal from Any or All Courses
- Writing-Intensive Course Requirement - Information on the Writing-Intensive Course Requirement is available in the Kent State University Catalog. Access the catalog from the Academics web page.