- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Student Needs are represented by Course Combinations. Course combinations are the semester prescriptions of required courses that need to be offered conflict-free.
|from Botany Fall 2009|
|Semester 3 Option 1 =||CHEM30475 (CORE),
|Semester 3 Option 2 =||CHEM30475 (CORE),
Assembling Course Combinations from Roadmap Data
- Each course combination will represent the course requirements of a particular semester for a given program and catalog year.
- Every semester on a roadmap can potentially yield one or more course combinations based on the type of course requirements found in that semester.
- Every line on a roadmap represents a requirement.
Requirement Categories: Single
- SINGLE Requirements
- Students must take one course and may only choose from one course.
|Ex: BSCI10120 is a SINGLE requirement. A Botany student must take this course. In this semester, CHEM10061 and CHEM10063 are also SINGLE requirements.|
Requirement Categories: SHORT-LIST
- SHORT-LIST Requirements
- Students must take one course buy may choose from a list of two or three courses
|Ex: (MATH12003 or MATH30011) is SHORT-LIST requirement. A Botany student must take one course but can choose between either of these two courses.|
Requirement Categories: LARGE-LIST
- LARGE-LIST Requirements
- Students must take one course and may choose from a list of four or more courses.
- LARGE-LIST requirements are not represented in our course combinations.
|Ex: BSCI or CHEM or PHY Elective is an example of a LARGE-LIST. The actual number of courses that a Botany student may choose from to satisfy the requirement is four|
Program Milestones and Categories
- All SINGLE and SHORT-LIST requirements will make up a course combination.
- Whether a requirement has been flagged as a milestone (critical) has no bearing on its course combination requirement category.
Roadmap Q and A
Q1: Will Kent Core and General Electives be included in the combinations?
A1: No – they are LARGE-LIST requirements.
Q2: What requirement categories are attached to CHEM10062, MATH11002?
A2: They are all SINGLE requirements
Q3: How many options/paths to completions does this semester have?
A3: One option/path since all requirements are SINGLE – CHEM10060+CHEM1062+MATH11022
Q1: What type of requirement is (MATH11012 or MATH12002)?
A1: It is a SHORT-LIST requirement.
Q2: How many paths/options to completion does this semester have?
A2: Two options exist: (MATH11012+ECON22060+MIS24053) OR (MATH12002+ECON22060+MIS24053)
- Course combinations will not contain the following information:
- LARGE-LIST requirements
- Course where historically many sections are offered such as US 10097, ENG 11011 and ENG 21011.
- Course combinations will not be submitted under the following circumstances:
- The related semester has less than two SINGLE and/or SHORT-LIST requirements.
- The related semester had no students.